Today, the City of Grand Junction officially launched its new website, www.gjcity.org in collaboration with CivicPlus, the website designer. The website reflects the look and feel of the natural environment of Grand Junction, while incorporating a host of new features and tools designed to help residents and community partners quickly locate the information and services they need.
“We are a leader in innovation and technology. It is imperative that our residents and visitors are able to easily access the information they need, and this website helps better facilitate that process,” said City Manager Greg Caton.
The new, service-focused website is mobile-friendly, secured for user privacy protection, and makes accessibility a priority. The site can be translated into any language with a “translation feature”, allowing the City to communicate with residents of all languages. The website is also ADA compliant.
“Launching a website that celebrates the diversity of our City was a priority to me and our staff. We now have a site that works for everyone,” said Caton.
The new www.gjcity.org has a host of interactive features, including the following:
- Notify Me: allows users to sign-up to be notified via email or text messages of emergencies, general news, special events, agenda postings, and City project updates
- Form Center: allows users to submit requests and forms, such as Special Event Permit Applications, Sales Tax Remittance Forms, and Planning Clearance applications
- Pay Online: gives residents the ability to pay Utility Bills, Parking Tickets, and Sales Tax online
- Citizen Help Center: allows users to report non-emergent concerns
- News & Announcements: a communication center directly on the homepage, providing updates and news happening in the City.
- PLEASE NOTE: City press releases will no longer be published on gjcitynews.org.. You can find all City updates under the News & Announcements feature on http://www.gjcity.org. Additionally, all email subscribers from our gjcitynews.org blog have been migrated to our new site. Those subscribers will still receive City news and updates via email.
In addition to redesigning the City’s main website, the Police Department, Fire Department, and Parks & Recreation webpages have also undergone a complete redesign, maintaining the City’s new design elements.
As with any redesign launch, users may experience broken links or page errors as they navigate the new site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback or to notify the City of any technical issues encountered.
For more information regarding the City of Grand Junction, please visit the newly redesigned gjcity.org. Like, follow, and watch us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NextDoor, and YouTube for continued City information and updates.
Contact: Greg LeBlanc, Sr. Assistant to the City Manager 970-244-1557 or email@example.com