As a part of the City of Grand Junction’s commitment to a rapid economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, the City has implemented emergency temporary modification of premises procedures to fast track the process for restaurants to apply for an extension of the allowable areas for outdoor dining. The City is supportive of allowing the use of public space such as sidewalks for this use.
Regulations were adopted to allow on-premises liquor licensed businesses to apply for temporary modifications with their local and state licensing authority and to pre plan for temporary outdoor seating areas that support social distancing requirements.
Businesses can apply for a temporary modification of premises by completing the following steps:
- Complete the Modification of Premises Application using DR 8442 – Permit Application and Report of Changes and include the following documentation:
- Describe the modification proposed and the start date.
- Confirm the proposed space complies with local building and zoning laws.
- Attach a diagram of the temporary premises with an outline of the entire licensed area.
- Attach any existing leases, statements of use, permits, easements, or other documents that show legal possession of the premises.
- Attach a control plan which details boundaries of the licensed premises, ingress/egress, signage, hours of operation, preventing sales to underage or intoxicated persons.
- For businesses within the Downtown Development Authority that have an Outdoor Dining Lease, please complete the Outdoor Dining Lease Amendment.
- Turn all forms and documentation into the City Clerk’s office. To expedite the application, you have the option of paying the $150 fee to the State online. The City is waiving the fee for Temporary Modification of Premises and the application will be expedited.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 970-244-1509 or visit the City Clerk’s webpage.
Contact: Greg LeBlanc, Sr. Assistant to the City Manager 970-244-1557 or email@example.com