The City of Grand Junction is entering its next phase for reopening City Hall as well as other City facilities. This phased reintroduction of the general public into facilities has allowed the City to provide in-person services to the public safely. The following is an updated schedule for opening City facilities:
- The lobbies for the Police Department and the Fire Department are currently open to the public Monday through Friday
- The track at Suplizio Field is currently open
- Playgrounds will open on May 28
- City Hall will open to the public on June 1st on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Court Hearings are held in City Hall on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Other City buildings (Parks & Recreation, Public Works, etc.) will follow the City Hall schedule
City Council and Planning Commission meetings will also be open to public. Staff has created queuing areas for members of the public to attend these meetings while observing proper social distancing. Meetings will be streamed in real time to these areas. If you are not feeling well, please do not come to City Hall.
We are also currently working with Mesa County Health Department and evaluating a timeline for reopening the following facilities:
- Picnic shelters
- Organized sport teams/leagues
- Summer camps for youth
- Lincoln Park Pool
As City facilities reopen to the public, members of the community will see several additional safety measures in place to promote physical distancing. City employees will continue to wear masks when interacting with the public and we will continue the safety protocols currently in place. These safety measures help protect our employees and members of the community. Members of the public are requested to wear face coverings when visiting City Hall and other City facilities as they begin to open. For a list of City services available online or over the phone, please visit our website.
Contact: Greg LeBlanc, Sr. Assistant to the City Manager 970-244-1557 or email@example.com