City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Riverfront Trail Closure – Las Colonias Park
- Bike / Pedestrian Trail closed from the intersection of 27 ½ Road and C ½ Road to the Old Mill Bridge (Bridge leading to Eagle Rim Park)
- Bridge access will remain open by way of detour
- A well-marked detour will be in place
- Anticipated completion – August.
Street Striping and Pavement Marking Project (Weather Permitting)
- City crews will be striping the following streets this week:
- Riverside Parkway from 29 Road to Redlands Parkway
- D Road from 29 Road to 32 Road
- 30 Road from D Road to E Road
- Please avoid crossing wet paint
- Expect short delays.
2019 Asphalt Overlay Projects (Weather Permitting)
- Guardrail replacement:
- Redlands Parkway from the Colorado River Bridge to River Road Overpass
7th Street Reconstruction – Orchard Avenue to Patterson Road Project
- Construction continues along the western half of 7th Street
- Walnut & Bookcliff Avenues will be closed intermittently west of 7th Street
- Expect lane shifts, closures and delays
- All business and resident access will be provided
- All businesses remain open during construction – don’t forget to support your local businesses!
2019 Street Chip Seal Program
The heavily traveled streets affected by this week’s activities include the following:
- Fog sealing of D Road from 30 Road to 32 Road on Thursday, July 18
Intermittent lane closures and traffic delays can be expected.
Alternate route advised.
Monument Road Trail Project
- Monument Road Shoulder work south of S. Redlands Road
- Intermittent lane closures and traffic delays can be expected
- A portion of the Lunch Loop/Tabeguach parking lot is closed as well as some of the trails
- Informational signs will be posted in the parking lot and we apologize for the inconvenience.
22 Road Bridge Closure
- 22 Road is closed just north of Loves Truck Stop
- Use 21 ½ Road up to H Road to get back over onto 22 Road
- Detour Route will be well marked
- Anticipated Completion – Late July.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
32 Road Sewer Line Replacement Project – Clifton Sanitation District Project
- Watch for utility construction (various locations) along 32 Road between I-70B and D Road
- Please slow down through the work zones and obey traffic control signs and personnel
- Motorists may experience intermittent lane closures and detours
- Anticipated completion – September.
Vista Grande Drive (Redlands) Water Line Upgrade – Ute Water Project
- Vista Grande between E Road and Hwy 340 will be closed to through traffic 8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday
- Detour route will be in place
- Access will be provided for local residents
- Anticipated completion – July.
Orchard Avenue Reconstruction from Normandy Drive to 29 Road – Mesa County Project
- Orchard Avenue will be closed to through traffic 24/7
- Detour route will be in place
- Access will be maintained for local residents at all times
- Anticipated completion – November.
F ½ Road between 30 Road and 30 ½ Road – Clifton Water Project
- Expect lane restrictions and delays
- Access for local residents will be provided
- Alternate route advised for through traffic
- Anticipated completion – Late July.
North Avenue at 29 Road Median Modifications – Private Development Project
- Median work Tuesday through Thursday 7am to 3:30pm
- North Avenue single lane traffic each direction at 29 Road
- Expect delays.