City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Horizon Drive Crosswalks Project, from G Road to I-70
- Expect lane closures between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
- All business access will be provided
- Anticipated completion – early February.
F ½ Road Closure West of 31 Road – Lewis Wash Bridge Replacement Project
- F ½ Road will be closed to through traffic between 30 Road and 31 Road, 24/7
- Detour route will be in place
- Residents living west of Lewis Wash and Thunder Mountain Elementary School traffic use 30 Road
- Residents living east of Lewis Wash including Allegheny Drive use 31 Road
- Anticipated completion – mid April.
Orchard Avenue between Melody Lane and 29 Road, Irrigation Work (Safe Routes to Schools Project for Nisley Elementary)
- South shoulder work will result in intermittent, alternating one-lane traffic
- Expect delays
- Please slow down through construction zone
- Traffic control personnel will be on site to assist pedestrian traffic
- Anticipated completion – late January.
Snow Removal Operations – City Crews
- This time of year after weather events motorists should be alert for snow plowing and the salting of City streets
- Please slow down and give the plows adequate space.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Orchard Avenue Utility Pole Maintenance – Unite Private Networks – Monday and Tuesday Only
- Monday hours 8 am – 4 pm and Tuesday hours 9 am to 3 pm
- Orchard Avenue between 13th Street and 18th Street
- Expect alternating one-lane traffic with delays
- Anticipated completion Tuesday, January 22.
29 Road and D ½ Road Utility Work – Colorado Mesa University
- Work hours: Monday thru Friday 7 am – 5 pm, in addition to possible night work
- Lane restrictions and closures resulting in alternating one-lane traffic or detours
- Expect delays, alternate route advised
- Anticipated completion with exception of final paving – Friday, January 25.
Contact: Sam Rainguet, Communications Manager 970-244-1507 or firstname.lastname@example.org