City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
7th Street Reconstruction Project, North Avenue to Orchard Avenue
- Paving operations/preparation will occur Monday
- Driveway and side street access will be closed along the eastern side of 7th Street access through alley way and side streets is advised.
- Expect lane shifts, closures and delays
- All business and resident access will remain open with intermittent closures
- Alternate route is advised
- Anticipated completion – early October.
- The following streets are scheduled to be striped this week (weather dependent):
- 29 Road from Patterson to G Road
- 28 Road from I-70 B to Orchard Avenue
- 28 ¼ Road from North Avenue to Orchard Avenue
- 23rd Street from Orchard Avenue to North Avenue
- Motorists should expect lane restrictions and delays
- Please avoid crossing wet paint.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Hwy 340 Bike/Pedestrian Facility Project between Kansas Avenue and Grand Vista Drive – CDOT Project
- Westbound shoulder closure with possible east and westbound one-lane alternating traffic
- Please be aware of the speed limit reduction and obey construction road signs
- Work hours will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-639-0680
- Anticipated completion – October.
Broadway and Redlands Parkway, Roundabout Construction – CDOT Project
- Traffic is now in the permanent configuration of the new roundabout
- The roundabout will only be a single lane until mid-October
- 9’ width restriction 24/7 for the duration of project (no semi-trailers allowed)
- 35 MPH speed limit reduction leading up to the roundabout and 15 MPH going through the roundabout
- Work hours will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- For additional information please email email@example.com or call 970-456-1361
- Anticipated completion – November.
I-70 Exit 49 Grand Mesa Ramp Improvement Project – CDOT Project
- Westbound I-70 right lane closure and 14’ width restriction 24/7 between MP 49.5 & MP 48
- Eastbound I-70: right lane closure and 14’ width restriction 24/7 between MP 48 & MP 49.5
- Motorists will still have access to Exit 49
- Westbound I-70 Exit 49 on ramp will have a 14’ width restriction 24/7
- Westbound Exit 49 on ramp please yield before merging onto I-70
- Westbound speed limit is 35 MPH
- Eastbound speed limit is 50 MPH
- Work hours will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-456-1481
- Anticipated completion – late September.
I-70 Median Guardrail Replacement Project between the Horizon Drive and Clifton Interchanges – CDOT Project
- I-70 traffic at times will be reduced to one lane in each direction during work hours
- Speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph through construction zone
- Work hours will be Monday – Friday, 7am – 7 pm (weather dependent)
- For additional information please email I70railreplacement@gmail.com or call 970-833-5264
- Anticipated completion – December.
Contact: Sam Rainguet, Communications Manager 970-244-1507 or email@example.com