City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Orchard Avenue and 7th Street, Storm Sewer Construction
- Orchard Avenue at 7th Street will be closed Monday and Tuesday
- Detour route will be in place
- Alternate route is advised.
7th Street Reconstruction Project, North Avenue to Orchard Avenue
- Expect lane shifts, closures and delays
- All business and resident access will remain open
- Alternate route is advised
- Anticipated completion – September 2018.
2018 Asphalt Overlay Program
- Shoulder Work
- W. Independent Avenue: 24 ¾ Road and Bogart Lane
- The following streets are scheduled to be striped this week (weather dependent):
- South Camp Road: Monument Road to South Broadway
- North Avenue: 1st Street to 29 Road
- Hwy 50: Pitkin Avenue to Unaweep Avenue
- Motorists should expect lane restrictions and delays
- Please avoid crossing wet paint.
Sewer and Water Line Replacement – City and Ute Water Project
Horizon Drive from G Road to I-70
- Expect lane shifts
- Business access will be maintained
- Area can become congested during rush hours – alternate route highly recommended
- Anticipated completion – September.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Hwy 340 Bike/Pedestrian Facility Project between Kansas Avenue and Grand Vista Drive – CDOT Project
- Westbound shoulder closure with possible east and westbound one-lane alternating traffic
- Please be aware of the speed limit reduction and obey construction road signs
- Work hours will be Monday– Friday, 7am to 5pm
- For additional information please email email@example.com or call 970-639-0680
- Anticipated completion – October 2019.
Broadway and Redlands Parkway, Roundabout Construction – CDOT Project
- Please drive with caution through the new temporary roundabout configuration
- Expect lane restrictions and possible detours
- There is a 9-foot width restriction 24/7 for the duration of project (no semi-trailers allowed)
- Be aware of the 35 MPH speed limit leading up to the roundabout and 15 MPH going through the roundabout
- Work hours will be Monday– Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-456-1361
- Anticipated completion – November 2018.
I-70 Exit 49 Grand Mesa Ramp Improvement Project – CDOT Project
- Westbound I-70 right lane closure and 14’ width restriction 24/7 between MP 49.5 & MP 48
- Eastbound I-70: right lane closure and 14’ width restriction 24/7 between MP 48 & MP 49.5
- Motorists will still have access to Exit 49
- Westbound I-70 Exit 49 on ramp will have a 14’ width restriction 24/7
- Westbound Exit 49 on ramp please yield before merging onto I-70
- Westbound speed limit is 35 MPH
- Eastbound speed limit is 50 MPH
- Work hours will be Monday – Friday, 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
- For additional information please email email@example.com or call 970-456-1481
- Anticipated completion – late September.
I-70 Bridge Maintenance Project Near DeBeque – CDOT Project
- Both west and eastbound I-70 traffic will be moved to two-way traffic in the eastbound lanes of I-70, 24/7
- Speed limit will be reduced to 45 MPH through the work zone
- For additional information please visit codot.gov, www.cotrip.org or call 511
- Anticipated completion – October.
Contact: Sam Rainguet, Communications Manager 970-244-1507 or firstname.lastname@example.org