City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
City of Grand Junction Annual Fire Hydrant Flushing Program
- Crews will begin flushing hydrants on Orchard Mesa April 24 working north toward Patterson Road
- Please drive with caution in areas where crews are working
- Minor street flooding may occur
- Anticipated completion – early May.
City of Grand Junction Roadway Striping
- The following streets are scheduled to be striped next week (weather dependent):
- North Avenue from 1st Street to 29 Road
- Unaweep Avenue from Hwy 50 to 29 Road
- 27 Road from Unaweep Avenue to Hwy 50
- 27 Road from Hwy 50 to B Road
- B Road from 27 Road to Clymer Drive
- Motorists should expect lane restrictions and delays
- Please avoid crossing wet paint.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Broadway and Redlands Parkway, Roundabout Construction – CDOT Project
- All directions of traffic will use the temporary roundabout configuration
- Traffic will be directed by use of barrels, signage and possibly flaggers
- Expect traffic stops with minimal delays
- There is an 9-foot width restriction 24/7 for the duration of project (no semi-trailers allowed)
- Be aware of the 35 MPH speed limit leading up to the roundabout and 15 MPH going through the roundabout
- For additional information please visit codot.gov, www.cotrip.org or call 511
- Anticipated completion – November.
Rim Rock Drive (east hill closure for resurfacing) – Colorado National Monument Project
- Rim Rock Drive from Devils Kitchen Trailhead (near the east entrance) up to DS Road (Glade Park Road) is closed
- Use Little Park Road – this detour route will be well marked
- DS Road (Glade Park Road) will also be resurfaced. Pilot cars will escort motorists through the construction
- Phase 2 anticipated completion – early May
- For additional information please visit http://www.nps.gov/colm or call 970-858-3617, ext. 360.
I-70 Exit 49 Grand Mesa Ramp Improvement Project – CDOT Project
- Westbound I-70 right lane closure and 14’ width restriction 24/7 between MP 49.5 & MP 48
- Eastbound I-70: right lane closure and 14’ width restriction 24/7 between MP 48 & MP 49.5
- Motorists will still have access to Exit 49
- Westbound I-70 Exit 49 on ramp will have a 14’ width restriction 24/7
- Westbound Exit 49 on ramp please yield before merging onto I-70
- Westbound speed limit is 35 MPH
- Eastbound speed limit is 50 MPH
- Work hours will be 7am – 6pm, Monday – Friday
- Anticipated completion – late September
- For more information or to be added to the project update list call 970-456-1481 or email email@example.com.
I-70 Bridge Maintenance Project Near DeBeque – CDOT Project
- Both west and eastbound I-70 traffic will be moved to two-way traffic in the eastbound lanes of I-70, 24/7.
- Speed limit will be reduced to 45 MPH through the work zone
- Work hours will be 7am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
- Anticipated completion – October
- For more information, please visit http://www.cdot.gov/projects/i70-overflow-near-debeque.
21 ½ Road Utility Work between H Road and I Road – Private Development Project
- 21 ½ Road will be closed to thru traffic 24/7 between H Road and I Road
- Use 22 Road as the detour route
- All business and resident access will be maintained
- Anticipated completion – June.
Contact: Sam Rainguet, Communications Manager 970-244-1507 or firstname.lastname@example.org