City Council Approves 2018 Street Overlay Projects
At the April 4 meeting, City Council unanimously approved the 2018 Asphalt Street Overlay Plan by awarding a contract worth $2,434,381 to Elam Construction of Grand Junction. Use of TABOR (Taxpayers’ Bill of Rights) excess funds in the Riverside Parkway bonds savings account, which was approved by voters in 2017, is how these improvements will be funded.
Information on additional road projects will be forthcoming soon, most notably the reconstruction of 7th Street from North Avenue to Orchard Avenue and the chipseal program.
This contract will overlay 14 roads totaling 20.4 lane miles, including the addition of 6.1 bike lane miles:
- River Road – 24 Road to west property line of Persigo Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Horizon Drive – G Road to west entrance at Quality Inn
- 10th Street – Winters Avenue to D Road
- Winters Avenue – 10th Street to 15th Street
- 3rd Avenue – 9th Street to east end of pavement
- 4th Avenue – 9th Street to 10th Street
- Winters Avenue – 7th Street to 9th Street
- 7th Street – Riverside Parkway to Ute Avenue
- W. Main Street – Chuluota Avenue to west end of pavement
- 24 ¾ Road – I-70B to Independent Avenue – approximately 300 square yards will be reconstructed with 8-inch concrete pavement due to adjacent land uses
- Independent Avenue – 24 ¾ Road to Bogart Lane
- Base Rock Street – American Way to Rim Rock Avenue
- Rim Rock Avenue – Base Rock Street to I-70B
- Bogart Lane – Independent Avenue to Rim Rock Avenue
Overlay work is slated to begin early May with an expected completion of late August.
Additional information on City street projects can be found at http://www.gjcity.org/city-government/public-communications/streetimprovements/.
Contact: Sam Rainguet, Communications Manager 970-244-1507 or firstname.lastname@example.org