City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
Pavement Preservation Treatment Project
The following streets will be closed for one day only this week:
Monday, July 10
- Mira Vista Road south of Patterson Road
- Hillcrest Avenue from 1st Street east to 125 Hillcrest Avenue
- Walnut Avenue and Walnut Court between Hillcrest Manor Avenue and 4th Street
- Walnut Avenue between 5th Street and 6th Street.
Tuesday, July 11
- 5th Street from Orchard Avenue to Walnut Avenue
- Walnut Avenue from 5th Street to Cedar Avenue
- Cedar Avenue from Walnut Avenue to 6th Street
- Hillcrest Avenue from 125 Hillcrest Avenue to Hill Crest Manor Avenue.
Access will be provided for local residents and emergency vehicles.
2017 Street Resurfacing Project
Asphalt Paving (daylight hours):
Monday and Tuesday – 12th Street from Ute Avenue to Gunnison Avenue
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – Gunnison Avenue from 12th Street to 24th Street
- All streets will remain open during construction
- Expect traffic shifts and intermittent lane closures
- Flaggers will be on site to assist motorists.
2017 Street Chip Seal Program
City crews will be chip sealing streets Sunday – Wednesday during the daytime hours of 6am to 5pm.
- Streets in this year’s chip sealing program are between 1st Street and 19th Street and between North Avenue and Patterson Road.
City Crews will be fog sealing streets Monday – Thursday during the nighttime hours of 8pm to 6am.
- Streets fog sealed this week will be the streets that were chip sealed last week.
- Residential and business access will be maintained at all times
- Traffic delays may occur as a result of this project
- Anticipated completion – August 2017.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
29 ½ Road Bridge Replacement over Grand Valley Irrigation Canal – CDOT/Mesa County Project
- 29 ½ Road is closed to through traffic between Orchard Avenue and Patterson Road
- Access provided for local residents
- Detour route is in place
- For more information regarding this project call (970) 640-6129
- Anticipated completion – July 17, 2017.
Colorado National Monument – National Park Service Project
Repairs to the rock guard walls along Rim Rock Drive at various locations throughout the Colorado National Monument
- There will be alternating one-lane traffic through the construction zones, weekdays between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm
- Expect up to 10-minute delays – flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists
- Anticipated completion- July 2017.
I-70 Beavertail Tunnel Lighting Project (east of Palisade) – CDOT Project
- Speed limit reduction throughout construction zone is set at 35 mph
- Eastbound I-70 traffic will be detoured onto service road. No vehicle parking or bicycling on the service road.
- Both west and eastbound traffic can expect single-lane closures
- Project hours will be weekdays 7am – 5pm
- For more information, please call (970) 456-1481
- Anticipated completion – November 2017.
Utility Pole Replacement Project, (Orchard Avenue from 12th Street to 28 Road) – Xcel Energy Project
- Intermittent lane shifts or closures during normal work hours
- Short delays can be expected
- Anticipated completion – July 2017.