City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
1st Street Reconstruction – Ouray Avenue to North Avenue
- Please slow down, there will be lane shifts and flaggers when needed
- Access to all businesses will be maintained
- Anticipated completion – July 2017.
4th Street Sewer Manhole Replacement Project- North Avenue to Grand Avenue
- Expect intermittent lane shifts and short term street closures
- Parking restrictions in force
- Anticipated completion – June 2017.
- 27 Road from Horizon Drive to Patterson Drive
- 28 Road from Cortland Avenue to Patterson Road
- Cortland Avenue from 27 Road to 28 Road
- 29 Road from Patterson Road to G Road
- G Road from 29 Road to 29 ½ Road
- 29 ½ Road from G Road to Patterson Road
- Striping operation will take place during the week days from 7 am to 4:30 pm
- Expect short delays and please do not cross wet paint.
Street Crack Filling Project
- Maintenance crews will be crack filling and sealing roadway cracks on various city streets
- Streets will remain open during treatment and reduced to one lane travel
- Watch for construction activity, and obey flaggers while traveling through work areas.
Non-City of Grand Junction Projects with Travel Restrictions
29 ½ Road Bridge Replacement over Grand Valley Irrigation Canal – CDOT/Mesa County Project
- 29 ½ Road is closed to through traffic between Orchard Avenue and Patterson Road
- Access provided for local residents
- Detour route is in place
- For more information regarding this project call (970) 640-6129
- Anticipated completion – Late June 2017.
Utility Pole Replacement Project, (Orchard Avenue from 12th Street to 23rd Street) – Xcel Energy Project
- Intermittent eastbound lane closures during normal work hours starting Tuesday
- Short delays can be expected.
Colorado National Monument – National Park Service Project
- National Park Service staff will be making repairs to the rock guard walls along Rim Rock Drive at various locations throughout the Monument
- There will be alternating one-lane traffic through the construction zones, weekdays between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm
- Expect up to 10-minute delays – flaggers will be onsite to assist motorists
- Anticipated completion- June 2017.
I-70 Beavertail Tunnel Lighting Project (east of Palisade) – CDOT Project
- Speed limit reduction will be 40 mph when flaggers are present
- Please obey all speed limit reductions and construction road signs during this time
- Eastbound I-70 traffic will be detoured onto service road. No vehicle parking or bicycling on the service road.
- Both west and eastbound traffic can expect single lane closures this week
- Project hours will be weekdays 7am – 5pm
- For more information, please call (970) 456-1481
- Anticipated completion – November 2017.
Contact: Sam Rainguet, Communications Manager 970-244-1507 or email@example.com